Contributing to MPF¶
Want to add a feature? A missing event somewhere? Wrote a new device which might be useful for other users? Fixed a bug? Added some small missing piece?
We’d love to take your contribution upstream!
Found a bug which you can reproduce? Fill an issue:
- MPF Issues on github. Use this for game and platform related bugs
- MPF-MC Issues on github. Use this for media controller bugs such as problems with slides, widgets or audio.
If you want to discuss a feature or bug (or if you are unsure). Visit our forum: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/mpf-users
Install MPF in development mode¶
To work on MPF you need to install it in developer/editable mode:
- Clone the mpf repo from GitHub.
pip3 install -e .from within the mpf folder to install MPF in editable mode.
- Clone the mpf-mc repo from GitHub (only needed for media controller changes - skip otherwise).
pip3 install -e .from within the mpf-mc folder to install MPF MC in editable mode (only needed for media controller changes - skip otherwise).
- Switch bith repositories to the branch corresponding to the version you want
to work with. This should be
devin most cases or the current release for smaller bug fixed. Do what works best for you. We can help to forward or backport your changes.
- Makes your changes.
- Add your name to the
- If possible add an unit test. We can help with that and a first Pull Request without a test is definitely fine.
make unitand check that all tests still pass. You can run them in mpf and mpf-mc.
- Submit your pull request.