Coins & Credits
MPF contains support for “coins & credits” which basically means you can configure
your machine to require money to play.
The credits system has several features and options, including:
- Configuration of different coin/price values per coin switch.
- Tracking money and/or tokens.
- Set price tiers (1 credit for 50 cents, 5 credits for 2 dollars,
- Specify max credits and credit expiration times
- Retain credits even when the machine is powered off
- Get access to a “credits string” machine variable that will show the
number of credits (or configurable free play text) for use on your
- Flexible events you can use to show display items based on credits
being added, insert coin messages, max credits reached, etc.