|Related Config File Sections|
MPF includes support for high scores which is where players can enter their names (or initials) when they’ve achieved a high score. Features include:
- Set any player variable as a high score option. So in addition to score you could set high score entries for loops, ramps, aliens destroyed, etc.
- Set how many of each high score type are tracked (Top 5 for high scores, Top 3 for loops, Top 1 for aliens, etc.)
- Set what each “award name” is called. (The highest score is “GRAND CHAMPION,” the second highest score is “HIGH SCORE 1”, the highest loop score is “MAJOR LOOPER”, etc.)
- How many characters a player can enter for their name.
- A list of valid characters the player can choose from
- The layout of the display for entering their names and show their rewards.
- Events for high score awards and entry, so you can configure high score entry screens.
|Related How To Guides|