An important concept to using the YAML-based configuration files is something we call config players.
Config players in MPF have nothing to with the actual human players of your machine, rather, they are things that “play” based on configurations.
Config players are used in both the machine-wide and mode-specific config files, and also in show steps.
- In a config file, the config players are setup via the
<config_player_name>_player:section of the file.
- In show steps, config players are accessed via the
- You play sounds via a config file in the
sound_player:section, and you play sounds from a show step via the
sounds:setting for that step.
- You show slides on a display via a config file in the
slide_player:section, and you show slides from a show step via the
slides:setting for that step.
- You set the color of LEDs via a config file in the
led_player:section, and you set colors from a show step via the
leds:setting for that step.
There are several different config players in MPF and MPF-MC. Click on each below for specific details of how to use them, with explanations of how to use them in config files and in shows.