This is the dev documentation for an unreleased version of MPF!
This is the documentation for MPF 0.56+, which is the “dev” (next) release of MPF that is a work-in-progress. Unless you’re specifically looking for this version, you probably want to use the version of documentation called “latest” which is for the latest released version of MPF. That documentation is at docs.missionpinball.org/en/latest.
Mission Pinball Framework 0.56+ Documentation¶
This is the documentation for the Mission Pinball Framework (MPF), version 0.56+. Click the “Read the Docs” link in the lower left corner for other versions.
You can download PDF, Epub, and HTML versions of these docs. Click the “Read the Docs” link in the lower left corner for the links.
Installation & First Steps¶
MPF User Manual¶
- Pinball Mechanisms: switches, coils, lights, troughs, flippers, etc.
- Game Logic: modes, scoring, multiballs, ball saves, etc.
- Displays, DMDs, & Graphics: DMDs, LCDs, slides, widgets, animations, text, etc.
- Sounds, Music & Audio: sound tracks, music, volume, sound effects
- Shows: sequences of lights, sounds, slides, etc.
- Assets: videos, images, animations, sound files
- Example Configuration Files: Huge list of example config files you can learn from.
- Example Games: List of several example machine projects.
- The Cookbook shows you how to implement features of real pinball machines using MPF. This is great for the “How do I build something like X?” questions you might have.
- Config file reference: Lists every config setting and all the options.
- Events: All the standard events MPF has, and how to use them.
- Game Variables: Lists all the built-in game variables and parameters.
- Machine Variables: Lists all the standard machine variables.
- Player Variables Reference: Lists all the built-in player variables and parameters.
You can access the full table of contents of MPF documentation via the expandable menu on the left (or the hamburger menu icon if you’re on a mobile device). There are over 1100 pages of printed documentation and examples to help you build your pinball machine!