This is the documentation the latest work-in-progress version of MPF!
This is the documentation for MPF 0.56, which is the “dev” (next) release of MPF that is a work-in-progress. This is probably ok, and means you’ll be on the latest, cutting-edge version of MPF.
However, if you want a more stable version, select the
v:stableversion from the lower-left corner of this page, which is the most recent version that is not getting new updates.
If you are new to MPF, we have recently rewritten the installation process which only applies to this “latest” 0.56, so you probably want to stay here because the prior installation process doesn’t work on the latest OS and Python versions.
There are a few hardware platforms we would like to add in the future because we think they would be a good fit for custom/homebrew pinball machines:
- Pololu Jrk - An USB motor controller
- Ion Motion RoboClaw - A USB motor controller
- Stern Spike 2 - The bus is similar to Spike 1. Needs testing.
- MyPinballs Custom Pinball Board - Control System for older machines
- I2C Segment Displays (such as this display from adafruit)
Let us know in the MPF User Forum if you want to use any of those hardware platforms. Please also let us know if you know other hardware which we should support.